Monday, March 2, 2009

The Week Ahead

After a wonderful day in church yesterday, I am gearing up for a busy week. The previous weekend was spent clearing out the garage of all our belongings. Everything went to a storage building where it will be distributed to Alabama, North Carolina, and Texas. It is amazing how much one family can accumulate!

This morning the carpet in the Master Bedroom is being replaced. Once that task is completed, I will move back in - from the newly emptied garage - all the furniture. While the carpet brigade is here, Tony, our handyman, will be power washing the house. The rest of the week, Tony will be painting, fixing, installing, and sprucing up the place.

All of this is fine, but why wait until it is time to sell the house to do what should have been done along the way? My wife asks that question quite regularly. I have no answer. For some reason, my tendency is to put off necessary repairs thinking, "I can do this!" But, I never get around to it. Now, I am paying for it!

Also, this week, I will pack my office; help Sherry pack her classroom, and organize our possessions for the move. There does not seem to be an end to all that needs to be done! Somehow, we will make it.

I hold on to the assurance of God's help - "I can do all things through Christ who is my strength."

No comments:

Post a Comment