Monday, March 2, 2009

My Explanation

Before my wife begins accusing me of any wrongdoing, I must explain myself. Yesterday, I had the privilege of baptizing two sisters. Baptism is always a special time of celebration. However, an incident following the baptism has caused my wife - and others - to question my motives and my actions.

The nature of baptism is immersion. In other words, water is involved. So, naturally, people get wet. Unfortunately, my wife was sitting in the choir loft directly below the baptistery. As I was praying, I "blessed" the congregation with outstretched hands. Coincidentally, some water dripped on to Sherry's head - albeit unintentionally.

For some reason, she feels this was an opportunity for me, her loving husband, to purposefully get her wet. Me? Certainly not! I dispute anything the video may show depicting my alleged offense. You cannot always believe what you see!

I am innocent. And, as Paul Harvey would say, "Now you know the rest of the story!"

No comments:

Post a Comment