Monday, February 9, 2009

I MADE IT!

I am finally here on the biggest stage of all - blogging! After many years of saying "no" to blogging, I have given in. What will I say when I post? I do not know. Will others care what I write? Probably not.

After following Ken Coffee's blog for awhile, he has encouraged to step out and do it. I will have big shoes to fill when I make it to Big Spring because he set the standard with his blog on the church's web site. So, I guess I will follow in his footsteps and blog on!

Ken has been a good friend and an excellent pastor to the people at First Baptist Church in Big Spring, Texas. It is phenomenal how through his faithfulness God has begun a new work among the people there. I am constantly amazed at what God can do when we put Him first.

I will share more about our transition in the days ahead, so keep looking in and pray for Sherry and me as we muddle through the next few weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like I am the first one on....

    Welcome to the 21st century! You guys were blogging last year on your mission trip to Mexico, so you should be a pro.

    We are looking forward to the graduation and wedding (s??) coming up. I am sure you can't wait!

    Scott
    P.S. I would think twice before sending this blog info to Sam. You never know what is going to come from his finger tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, thanks for your very kind comments. The people at FBC Big Spring are fortuinate to have you as their pastor. I know God will bless your work there. They are really great people, as, I am sure, are the folk at Sheridan. I am looking forward to keeping up with you on your blog. Welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure Ken has started many things of which many of us have been addicted to. I am looking forward to serving along side you and Sherry. Our prayers are with you and fbc at Sheridan.

    Counting the days
    Don Brodie

    ReplyDelete