Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Saga Continues (Part 2).....

Well, I am legal - finally! It only cost me $131.29 to have the lights fixed on the truck, but it was worth it. The Ford dealership issued my inspection just minutes before closing and then I went to get gas. But, my Shell card would not work! I got it straightened out when I got home.

On Wednesday morning, I was the first one through the doors at the tax office to get the license plates for the truck. It went smooth and the lady was extremely nice. Then on to the DPS office to get my driver's license! I had to dig and to search to find our Social Security cards and birth certificates, but I did locate them. After gathering the rest of the paperwork off we went.

It did not take too long to get the licenses. Once we were finished, the line had grown behind us. We got there at just the right time! Now I am once again a Texan! A shiver went up my spine when I was handed my temporary driver's license! I walked outside the building and took a deep breath of fresh West Texas air. I could hear in the background "The Yellow Rose of Texas". It was an emotional experience!

Now I can truly say........Don't mess with Texas!!

1 comment: