Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Carol

This past Sunday a good friend, Carol Balwanz, went home to be with the Lord. She fought a good fight through two heart valve replacement surgeries in the span of 10 years. Carol loved her family and was so fond of Caroline, her granddaughter.

My prayers continue for Rick, her husband, and her daughters, Morgan and Jessica. Carol truly touched countless lives through the school, the community, and the church. Many are grieving today because of her death.

Death seems to be the ultimate enemy because it takes away people we love and cherish. But, our Lord, Jesus Christ, conquered death through His death on the cross and His resurrection. Paul so eloquently wote in 1 Corinthians 15, "Death has been swallowed up in victory. Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Carol has won the victory! Thanks be to God! She has experienced the healing for which we have all prayed. In our finiteness healing is only physical, but in God's infitness, true healing goes beyond the physical to the giving of a new body. Thanks be unto God!

To Rick, Morgan, Jessica, and Carol's family...So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you quoted Isaiah. This exact verse was in an email between Morgan and I a couple weeks ago. Being in Arizona during this troubled time has felt as if I'm on the other side of the world. The continual show of love and support towards my family has kept me strong. I'm thankful that Rick and my sisters have good people like you to rely on. Thank you for writing such kind words. They are being heard and have extended farther than you can imagine. -Love, Trudy (tslea@cox.net)

    ReplyDelete