Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Blog

In looking back on my previous posts and talking some people here in Big Spring, perhaps I need to clarify the purpose of my blog. I simply want to give insight to our lives as we adjust to a new situation. So, I tend to focus on the struggles and to find the comedy in it. Sherry and I are thankful to be in Big Spring. We love the people and we love the church. The wind, the gnats, the roaches, and all the rest are nothing but silly topics to write about. In fact, there will be more to come!

Today I learned a $64 lesson. Without going into much detail, I secured a storage unit for us to use until we find a house. The apartment cannot hold all our "stuff" so we need some relief. However, after putting down the $64, the church offered to let us use some unused space in the church building for storage. There is a "no refund" policy at the storage place so I lost the bucks. Once again, as I have been known to do, I got ahead of the Lord and paid the price. Will I ever learn?

2 comments:

  1. Well, Mark, I am twenty-five years older than you, so I cannot offer you any hope that you will learn much more as you get older. We all get ahead of the Lord from time to time, no matter our age. In spite of the lessons, we continue to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs are meant for exactly what you are doing. Richard and I really love hearing about your new adventures in Big Spring. Of course we miss you both like crazy, but we can't wait to hear about what will happen next in west Texas. Love to you and Sherry!

    ReplyDelete